Download Page – JavaFX Rich Client Programming on the NetBeans Platform
Access the FamilyTreeApp Project at java.net/projects/nbfamilytreeapp.
Detailed Instructions for checking out the source code for NetBeans and configuring the application [PDF].
FamilyTreeApp demonstrates the following features:
- CRUD-based application that reads and stores data in the bundled JavaDB database server.
- All database operations performed in background threads, using either SwingWorker, JavaFX Services, or the built-in Nodes asynchronous operations.
- How to build a loosely-coupled, modular applications, allowing you to add features without fear of breaking your code.
- See how to integrate JavaFX to take advantage of animation, linear gradients, effects, and even 3D.
- The Welcome Window uses JavaFX.
- The Person and Event editors use JavaFX.
- The New Event wizard uses JavaFX.
- The Events Viewer and Person Viewer windows show you how to use Nodes and Explorer Views with context-sensitive actions and selection management.