Python Programming is intended for software engineers, systems analysts, program
managers and user support personnel who wish to learn the Python programming language.
Experience with a high level language (C/C++, Java, MATLAB) is suggested. Prior knowledge of a scripting
language (Perl, UNIX/Linux shells) and Object-Oriented concepts is helpful but not mandatory.
The learning objectives of this course are:
- To understand why Python is a useful scripting language for developers.
- To learn how to design and program Python applications.
- To learn how to use lists, tuples, and dictionaries in Python programs.
- To learn how to identify Python object types.
- To learn how to use indexing and slicing to access data in Python programs.
- To define the structure and components of a Python program.
- To learn how to write loops and decision statements in Python.
- To learn how to write functions and pass arguments in Python.
- To learn how to build and package Python modules for reusability.
- To learn how to read and write files in Python.
- To learn how to design object‐oriented programs with Python classes.
- To learn how to use class inheritance in Python for reusability.
- To learn how to use exception handling in Python applications for error handling.