JavaFX Rich Client Programming on the NetBeans Platform
Addison-Wesley, 2015; 900 pages.
Foreword by Geertjan Wielenga, NetBeans Product Manager
[Download JavaFX Rich Client Programming on the NetBeans Platform Examples]
View the Table of Contents in PDF format.
JavaFX is a state-of-the-art graphics toolkit that is now built into Java and can be easily integrated with the NetBeans Platform. With JavaFX, you can create advanced user interfaces, manipulate media, generate graphical effects and animations, and much more. The NetBeans Platform provides a framework for building robust, modular applications with long life expectancies. Together, JavaFX and the NetBeans Platform provide the basis for creating visually appealing, industrial-strength applications.
Focusing on JavaFX as the front end for rich client applications, this book's examples cover JavaFX 8 with the NetBeans Platform and Java 8. The authors fully explain JavaFX and its relationship with the NetBeans Platform architecture, and systematically show Java developers how to use them together effectively. Each concept and technique is supported by clearly written code examples, proven through extensive classroom teaching.
- Background basics with Java, JavaFX, and UI events
- Building loosely coupled applications
- NetBeans Platform Modules and Lookup
- NetBeans Platform Nodes, Explorer Views, and Actions
- Building CRUD-based applications
- Integrating JavaFX with a Swing-based framework
- Using JavaFX Charts with the NetBeans Platform
- Using the NetBeans Platform File System and Data System
- Keeping the UI responsive